Sunday, July 16, 2017

Coffee & CW

Good morning and welcome back to the blog. I've been very busy this past week with work and life so I have not had an opportunity to get on the air, but I do have a few things I would like to share with you.


If you remember in my first couple of post I wrote about the reason for this blog. I want to be able to share my stories, good and bad, to hopefully encourage others to want to learn CW and join in the fun. I want to let you know about an event that I hope will help me continue this mission. Recently I had a blast participating in Field Day with my friends from Hoosier QRP. We completed QSO's from the east coast to the west coast all on 5 watts or less with CW and we all had a great time. After sharing some stories with others about field day and CW they seemed very interested. It got me thinking, why do we only do field day once a year? Why not do some kind of "mini field day" event on a regular basis throughout the year? So, I came up with a simple idea that I hope will take off. Coffee & CW is an event that I will host each month here in Central Indiana. I will bring coffee, donuts, and set up a simple CW station to get on the air. I invite you all to join me, even if you've never sent one character of CW ever, come out and experience the fun! The location of this event will change each month as we tour city, county and state parks across Indiana. Contact me for more information.

The other thing I wanted to share is that I recently had a friend of mine tell me that he has started to study CW using the same smart phone app I started with called Morse Toad. It's a free app that is set up like an old 8-bit video game in an attempt to make learning CW fun. I guess the stories I have been sharing on the local repeater while commuting to and from work are working? I wish Jim - KC9TPX the best of luck with his new adventure.

Are you ready to start your adventure with CW? I'd be happy to help you as well.

Until next time, 72 de W9ODX

No comments:

Post a Comment