Monday, August 7, 2017

More Adventures with CW

I had a surprise today waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. Well, actually it was four surprises in the form of QSL cards from Pennsylvania, Michigan and Indiana. If you did not read my blog post about keeping the tradition of QSL cards going, you can find it by CLICKING HERE.

 Most recent QSL cards

I look forward to receiving more QSL cards this week and I will continue to share them with you. I hope we can keep this vital part of ham radio history alive and well for many years. Thank you to the operators out there who are taking time to send cards back to me, I really do appreciate you helping me with my "Worked all States - QRP CW" goal.

Moose in Maine

Speaking about Working all States, tonight I added a new state to my list of contacts by completing a QSO with ED - K1EDG from Gray Maine. Gray is about 880 miles to the northeast of my station between the Atlantic Ocean and the White Mountains. Ed was first licensed as a ham in 1959 at the age of 11 and he enjoys chasing DX in a variety of modes including CW. Ed, thank you for taking the time to complete a QSO with me anf for picking my QRP signal out from the noise tonight.

I've recently received some positive feedback about this blog and I appreciate everyone who has taken the time to let me know how much they enjoy reading about my Adventures with CW. I look forward to continuing to hear from more of you as time goes on. Please comment below or drop me an email sometime to let me know you are here. I'd love to answer any questions you might have about how to start your own adventure.

Until next time, 72 de W9ODX

No comments:

Post a Comment